Sunday, February 21, 2016

You Can't Touch This!





Kate Kisset, Kate Kisset romance author, Napa Valley Winery, Wine Club, The Single Girls Wine Club Book Series






The trials and tribulations of a blabbermouth disc jockey turned romance author part #563

I didn't uncheck one of those seemingly insignificant buttons on Amazon, and Just a Kiss (my book) rolled over into another ninety-day exclusive Kindle Unlimited contract. Now, don't get me wrong, as a brand new author, with only one book on my digital shelf, Amazon has been very good to me.  The Kindle Unlimited program has put my novel in front of many romance readers who may not have found it otherwise. The problem is me.



 



Kate Kisset, Kate Kisset Just a Kiss, Kate Kisset The Single Girls Wine Club romance series, Wine Club, Napa wine club, Napa Valley winery



As a new indie author, the self-publishing challenges have been sometimes difficult for me to overcome.  Oh sure, it may seem like the process is easy-peasy to some of my non-writer friends, but they usually don't hear about my hurdles. They only see the results.

The many excellent or dastardly options available to indie publishers can be paralyzing and the thought of being a novice and making errors for the whole world to see can be mind-numbing. You could feasibly get yourself so worked up that you’d rather do nothing rather than make a mistake.  




I don't know what to do, so I'm chewing on a pencil.


If you know me, you are already aware that this isn’t my first rodeo in a competitive business.  I spent many years on-the-air in San Francisco in the highly driven world of broadcasting.  After decades of relative success in radio, (under a different name), I felt very comfortable in just about any environment involving a microphone, music, and an audience.  In short, I almost always hit the right button.

In my steadfast promise to myself in this new and sometimes scary world of indie publishing, I charged ahead when I published Just a Kiss on Amazon. Making whatever decision I felt was correct, with the knowledge that I could always revamp or solve any problem with a solution.  In the case of Amazon Kindle Unlimited, though, I made a mistake that I can’t fix.  


Any plans to offer Just a Kiss on Nook, Kobo or anywhere else are off the table for ninety days. Finuto





In the big scheme of things it’s not the end of the world, but maybe you can learn from my mistake.  If you decide to place your book on the Kindle Unlimited program, be sure to uncheck the box that offers the option to automatically enroll for the program for another ninety days.  If you don't uncheck that box, your book will automatically roll into another three month period by default.

Who knows, maybe what I thought was My Big Fat Kindle Unlimited Mistake was really just an opportunity to help another author. 

Until next time,
Kate xo

PS. If you happen to be a Kindle Unlimited member Just a Kiss is free for you until mid-April. :-)

Buy Just a Kiss (Book #1 The Single Girls Wine Club)

Visit my website: www.katekisset.com 

Kate Kisset romance author, Just a Kiss book, New Adult Romance, Contemporary Romance, The Single Girls Wine Club, Napa Valley Winery, Wine Club,
Book #1 The Single Girls Wine Club

No comments:

Post a Comment