Sunday, May 31, 2015

Under the Sonoma Sun



Maybe I'm just one of those people who have an overactive imagination.
Perhaps I just expect ideas will come to me and they do. Or, maybe, I'm just comfortable with having several story ideas running through my brain at any given time.  I am. :-)
For me, ideas or the inspiration for them, can come from anywhere, at anytime, from anything:


An idea can suddenly come to me when I'm watching a movie and the title somehow changes in mind.





Or a when family comes to visit and I take them to some of my favorite local tourist destinations.






Sometimes, someone else's story, from a long time ago, inspires me,
 
My character Lulu Castilli, in Just a Kiss, is the great granddaughter of a renowned winemaker.


Or a song lyric gets stuck in my brain.



Here are a few of the songs I listened to while writing Sarah and Jamie's love story in Just a Kiss: Sarah Smile, Something, Edge of Desire. The playlist is here.


There is a flower in my story that a character uses to explain how she feels about Sarah Dupont. I took this photo right outside my kitchen door.



Maybe all my years in radio taught me that there is no "bad" way to find an idea, just as there are no "bad" ideas.  
Open your eyes, listen with your soul and see what happens. 

Until next time, Kate xo  

Join my private group, The Kissables, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment